Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Budget Take Two

Youngest here.

I spend roughly 250 a year on clothes for myself,   Half of that is on thrift shop clothes (Frenchy's) and the other half is on new clothes from a few specific sources Rawganique for underthings, and Tempol's annual end of season sale right before Suzanne heads to India to have her new designs made.  I spend another 150 a year on shoes.

I really need to pull myself together.  Yesterday the neighbourhood watched me streak through a field after some loose sheep wearing knee high yellow rubber boots, a longsleeved red tshirt, a burgundy lambswool men's sweater vest, and a pair of red flannel pajama bottoms covered in running deer. It was around noon.  In winter my uniform seems to disintegrate into what is really warm and dry.  When I picked up my first grader from school I was wearing the yellow boots, an orange floral flannel skirt, an orange hand knit sweater and a black down filled parka.  I'm not fooling anyone, they all saw the jammie bottoms two hours earlier.  If I had to define my uniform it's tights and a long sleeved tshirt with "stuff" thrown on top when I go out of the house.  I want to have a clearer vision than "stuff".

After years of wearing mostly black I now wear a lot of colour.  I love hand dyes so there's a definite earthy feel to most of my wardrobe.  Despite the aberrant red flannel pj bottoms most of my wardrobe is in muted shades of red, orange, brown, green, cream, and grey.

I've made a concerted effort to get rid of things I don't wear, I'll post pictures of whats staying and talk about the alterations I'll be making soon.

5 comments:

  1. I wish there was a picture of you running through the fields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I become a contributor??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you an invite, I'll send you a remindere

      Delete
  3. At first I thought you were running through the fields chasing after sheep who were wearing yellow boots, etc. So yes I'd like to see that picture too!

    ReplyDelete